30 August 2008

My search for the perfect 1st birthday gift


My gorgeous little baby girl, Sunny, is turning 1 on wednesday next week. This is her - isn't she completely adorable?!
ANYWAY I have been searching high and low for the perfect gift - something that she can keep forever more and always cherish as her very first birthday gift from her mummy. This has been the toughest birthday present experience EVER, I don't remember having this much trouble buying my sons first birthday present, and to be honest with you I cannot remember what I even gave him for his first birthday!

It's the girl thing, boys can't wear jewellery so I think the whole "cherish it forever" thing doesn't come to mind with them. But girls, well, they are GIRLS and we all remember what its like to be little girls and we've all kept our baby jewellery and every little gold trinket we've ever received throughout our lives.

So I have been travelling to malls far and wide and googling till all hours trying to find IT - the perfect gift. I haven't found THE ONE but I have certainly found some seriously good contenders and, of course, I will be sharing them all with you.


Cupcakes Jewellery offers beautifully handcrafted jewellery for little girls and boys, that can be custom made to any specifications.

They use a range of quality crystal beads and sterling silver and also an exclusive range of feature beads in clay, made in canada especially for Cupcakes. The jewellery range is very cute, as it is a little different from the usual silver lockets, and I love that a mum makes all of the jewellery herself. All pieces are lovingly made and packaged and in the rare event of any breakages the whole piece will be re-strung at no charge. Not only are all the pieces beautiful but the prices are so reasonable you could afford to buy a few!
Every little girl needs a musical jewellery box to keep all of her most treasured pieces in, and I love this Tray Trove one from Enchanted Garden. In fact, this has inspired me to go out tomorrow and hunt down a beautiful jewellery box for Sunny! I've left it a little late to order online, but for those of you with time then this would be perfect. They have a range of musical jewellery and tooth fairy boxes for your little ones and they are definitely worth checking out.



For those of you with a little bit more of a budget, these Keepsake Heart Pendants from Oh My Giddy Aunt will take your breath away. I have gone completely over the top for Sunny's birthday already and have yet to find myself the perfect outfit, so unfortunately she may have to wait until next year for one of these gems (pardon the pun). They were my first choice but, after adding in all of the extras, like birthstones and her initials engraved into one of the hearts, then a message from mummy on another, I would have been left choosing between a party or the necklace - and I do love a party!


If you do wish to spend a little more then the Heart Pendants or engraved Sterling SIlver bangles are amazing. In fact the site is so cute you'll spend hours searching for just the right gift.

I'll let you all know how I go with my search for the perfect party dress. x

No comments: